Supporting people with Cri du Chat Syndrome and their families


If you or your child cannot walk, you should be able to get a wheelchair or specialist buggy. Both are available from your local Wheelchair Service, contactable through your local NHS trust.

They will do an assessment to make sure your needs are met.


Wheelchairs can be manual or powered; there are four different types of powered wheelchair.


There is a range of specialist buggies suitable for children, which provide different levels of support.

About NHS Wheelchair Services

NHS Wheelchair Services are run by local health authorities. They are responsible for allocating funds to the Wheelchair Service and Primary Care Trusts who are responsible for providing the service itself. This sometimes includes contracting the running of the service to an outside company.