by Lucy Santos on 04 April 2013
In the run up to Cri du Chat Awareness Week, to be held in May 2013, our families, friends and supporters are invited to become Ambassadors and to take a pledge. The CdC Awareness Week 2013 Pledge is a commitment to undertake as many of our simple ideas as possible to spread the word about CdC. We hope you will join us!
- Tell 10 people about CdC and how the syndrome affects you or someone you love.
- Include a mention of your support for CdC Awareness Week 2013 and a link to our website in your email signature.
- Tweet a photo of yourself with the sign “I love someone with CdC” using the #cdcawarenessweek hashtag
- Contact a local newspaper and tell them about CdC Awareness Week and the event you have planned using the media top tip resources availble on our website (to be posted later).
- Hold a coffee morning for your friends to explain more about the syndrome.
- Donate an hour to CdC - this can be anything from the equivalent of an hours wages to the group, an hour of babysitting for friends/family with a child with CdC or even an hour on social media promoting the group.
Do you have any other ideas? Why not post them on our Facebook page for this event?